Who we are
We are Push. A leading eCommerce and technology services company for the world’s major entertainment brands. Founded in 2005, we pride ourselves on being forward-looking, dynamic and innovative.
We are a team of 40 people working across technology, eCommerce, delivery and customer service to ensure high standards for clients and customers alike. And we’re growing.
Our culture is fast paced and collaborative. We love learning and we’re constantly developing and exploring new technologies and approaches to continuously improve what we do – inside and out.
We’ve been a distributed business from the day we started. It’s really important to us to stay connected and we get together regularly for company and team meetings, learning sessions and celebrations too.
We’re currently looking for new and exceptional talent to join our existing team and to grow and develop with us. Come join us at Push.
You’ll be working in a small dedicated team of highly skilled engineers in an atmosphere that is relaxed and friendly and where we maintain a laser focus on delivering excellence and value for our clients.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands. You will need a combination of good technical skills and a keen eye for clean, consumer focussed UI/UX design. You’ll be helping us to design + build + maintain React components, Shopify and WordPress themes / plugins that are used on marketing + commerce sites that reach millions of people per month. Initially you will be working with our Lead Designer, and you’ll have opportunities to manage project deliveries solo too.
- Designing new frontend websites + backend interfaces + components with a focus on clean UI/UX, semantic markup and accessibility.
- Improving and maintaining existing frontend components.
- Identifying problems / shortfalls and helping to improve our frontend development workflows.
- Understanding the needs of clients & stakeholders, planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
Your Skills & Experience
- Recent 2:1+ degree in Computer Science with Web Development (preferred, but not essential).
- Proven experience in FrontEnd development role(s) with a good portfolio of existing site / component designs (2 years +).
- Recent experience with React (components, webpack, nodejs, JSX, CSS-in-JSS etc.). Experience with other JS based frameworks will be a bonus.
- Good UI/UX design skills and familiarity with standard design tools (Adobe Design Suite, Sketch, XD, Zeplin, InVision etc.).
- We work a lot with Shopify (Liquid, Slate, Themekit) and WordPress – experience with these will be a big bonus, but not essential – we can teach someone with the motivation to learn.
- Experience of Scrum development methodology (agile) would be a bonus – but can be learned on the job.
- Experience with the our administration tools would also be an advantage (JIRA, Google Suite).
We also look for
Across the board at Push we look for people who are great communicators with a positive, can-do approach to work and life. Keen learners and generous collaborators who share what they know to help our business continuously improve and grow.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving ability.
- Good interpersonal, communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple incoming/outgoing communications across Slack, email etc.
- A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering above expectations.
- Strong self-motivation to continue learning new skills + languages.
We are offering
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- Experience working at the cutting edge of technology.
- Ongoing development opportunities.
- Working from home.
We’re currently planning to accept applications for this role until end of day on April 25th, 2021.
The first recruitment stage for this role is an online technical test. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time so if you’d prefer not to take the test, please don’t apply this time around.
All our roles require full Right to Work in the UK.
You’ll need a quiet, dedicated space at home to work, free from distractions.
A reliable high-speed broadband connection is a must.