Who we are
We are Push. A leading eCommerce and technology services company for the world’s major entertainment brands. Founded in 2005, we pride ourselves on being forward-looking, dynamic and innovative.
We are a team of 40 people working across technology, eCommerce, product design and marketing to ensure high standards for clients and customers alike.Our culture is fast paced and collaborative. We love learning and we’re constantly developing and exploring new technologies and approaches to continuously improve what we do – inside and out.
We’ve been a distributed business from the day we started. It’s really important to us to stay connected and we get together regularly for company and team meetings, learning sessions and celebrations too.
We’re currently looking for new and exceptional talent to join our existing team and to grow and develop with us. Come join us at Push.
You will be working in a small dedicated team of highly skilled engineers in an atmosphere that is relaxed and friendly and where we maintain a laser focus on delivering excellence and value for our clients.
As a Backend Web Developer in Push, you will have the opportunity to work on some high profile projects, brands and properties that are delivered at significant scale . You will need a combination of good technical skills and a keen eye for detail. You will be helping us to build WordPress themes / plugins and Shopify themes / apps that are used on marketing + commerce sites that reach millions of people per month.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Take responsibility for delivery of Scrum Items or Support Ticket Solutions assigned to them
- Liaise with internal teams to help capture requirements / issues and transition them to scrum items / support tickets.
- Perform simple analysis and produce accurate effort estimates
- Work to be proficient in 3-4 areas of our technology stack
- Develop Code inline with company processes + secure coding standards
- Respond to High Priority incident alerts within SLA
We are looking for:
- Recent 2:1 degree in Computer Science/Computing/Software Engineering
- A good understanding of the PHP server-side programming language 2+ years experience
- Experience with MySQL database queries and schema’s
- Experience with WordPress (not just front-end) – for example Plugin and Theme creation, WP-Admin modification, Core loop event model
- An understanding of core OOP principles and familiarity with security best practices.
- Experience adhering to company processes and coding standards
- Strong self-motivation is a must within the web space – we all continue learning new skills + languages as the space continues to evolve
Nice to haves:
- NodeJS – backend / lambda coding, NPM
- Shopify – CMS familiarity, theme creation, API usage
- Amazon Web Services console
- Linux – command line usage, BASH scripting etc.
What else do we look for
Across the board at Push we look for people who are great communicators with a positive, can-do approach to work and life. Keen learners and generous collaborators who share what they know to help our business continuously improve and grow.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving ability
- Good interpersonal, communication, organisation and time management skills
- A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering above expectations
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong self-motivation to continue learning new skills + languages
- Experience of working within a distributed and fast paced environment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple incoming/outgoing communications across Slack, email etc.
- Ability to work proactively, methodically and at speed.
We are offering the opportunity to:
- Join a growing business and highly skilled team
- Learn new skills and and build on your existing experience
- Work on new technologies
- Work on large internet properties
- Competitive salary package
- Work 100% from home