Job Title: Junior Developer
Salary: £23-26k (dependant on experience)
Hours: 40 per week inc. lunch breaks
Location: Homeworking. You’ll be a Computer science graduate with 4 or more years work experience. You’re looking to step up and take on your next challenge.
We want confident, independent thinkers who want to learn and grow. We have a lot of talented developers in the team and we thrive on sharing problems and solutions. It will be equally important for you to be able to work autonomously and for you to ask for support when you need it.
Often our development work is mission critical and waiving a flag for help when needed is crucial. Our clients are global and our service has to be 24hr, you will therefore need to be able to commit to occasional out of hours support.
You will have to have a suitable environment to work from and a reliable high-speed broadband connection.
You will work as part of a team developing the the Push platform with functionality based on leading open source technologies.
The development team comprises of experienced web engineers who understand the technologies inside out and can therefore deliver robust environments that stand the test of time.
Working with leading technology services that handle login, social interaction and e-commerce, Push integrate them into the platform.
This involves developing and supporting Plugins for leading technologies such as WordPress and Shopify.
Over 50 web development agencies around the world use the Platform to deliver front end websites. Push provides support and expertise to enable the agencies to complete their work.
Support is provided via a managed ticket queue with various levels of service dependent on the type of problem. Push operate in a global marketplace and you will work with agencies in a number of countries and continents.
Push also support large global marketing campaigns and ensure that everything is kept running. This can really get the adrenalin going as sometimes not everything goes to plan.
– Recent 2:1 Minimum Degree in Computer Science/Computing/Software Engineering or similar
– Strong Understanding of WordPress (not just front-end) – For example Plugin and Theme creation, WP-Admin modification, Core loop event model
– Strong PHP Web Development skills
– Experience with the Shopify ecommerce platform
– Good Linux Shell ability – e.g. basic scripting, environment variable
management, understanding of file system permissions
– Excellent analytical skills, problem solving ability and proactive approach
– Good interpersonal, communication, organisation and time management skills
– A strong commitment to meet deadlines and deliver above expectations
– Excellent attention to detail, passion and enthusiasm to do well
– Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Experience using the LAMP stack.
– Experience of Linux cloud environment – e.g. Amazon Web Services
– Understanding of MVC Frameworks
Applications and CVs to be sent to [email protected]